Frequently Asked Questions
When will it be?February 6-8, 2015 at the Holiday Inn and Suites at 1240 S. Walnut Street, Anaheim, CA 92802.
What is the theme?
"Destination Inner Kids: Putting Our Parts to Play" What does it mean to never to travel alone—to always be at home within oneself? This is a question that every survivor wonders about and a dream that we of SoCal Intergroup believe that every survivor can realize. For this state of being to become reality each of us must journey home into true self. The trip requires courage because along the way we must learn to extend compassion and affirmation to each grieving, shame-filled, angry, terrified inner part and personality. To survive in the world as young people, many hurting inner kids had to learn to hide and stay silent. Healing depends upon the rescue of each and every inner child. It is our hope that this retreat will provide each of us with more insights, more tools and more belief that healing is not only possible, but probable when we learn how to travel with all our inner kids and dare to allow all of our parts to be put into play.
What are the 3 Workshop Tracks?
1. Parts ProcessA host of topics will be explored. These include contacting and welcoming parts into the self, learning how to communicate with them, how to discover different parts’ trauma triggers and work with their emotional flashbacks, how to work through triggers with people in the present and discover which parts are triggered, how trauma affects internal codependency between parts, and how to help all parts develop a sense of cooperation, mutual respect and sense of affection for one another.
2. Grounding and Spirit Work with PartsWorkshops will explore how to ground in the midst of profound challenge and create a safe internal space for parts to find comfort and peace, how to help parts discover and connect to their loving Higher Power, how to grow the loving inner parent part of self, and how to cultivate a sense of inner stillness and the ability to compassionately observe what is happening within.
3. Parts PlayWorkshops will utilize visual arts, play, dance, improvisation and music. Some will ways for you and you parts to express understand themselves, other activities will assist you and your inner kids with discovering all the ways there are to play and have fun in the world.
Will there be a discount for registering early?Yes! Only $50 if you register by September 19, 2014. Regular registration is $75, but after January 14, 2015 Registration is $85 at the door.
What does it cost for Hotel and Meals?
If you are not staying at the hotel, there is a $10.00/day fee for hotel day use privileges in addition to the registration. Otherwise, if you are staying at the hotel, the following prices include two nights lodging and 5 meals:
There is a $5 a day parking fee for hotel guests.
$150 Double Occupancy $230 Single Occupancy $89 per night each additional night for lodging only.
Where do I sign up?You can send us your contact information and $50 now to
SIA SoCal Retreat
3553 Atlantic Avenue #1255
Long Beach, CA, 90807
Can I do it online?form Eventually, yes! Keep in touch by checking back here, or even better, subscribe to our mailing list (newsletter) to stay informed when this will be available!
What airports are nearby?There are three (closest first):
- SNA - John Wayne Airport (Orange County)
- LGB - Long Beach Airport
- LAX - Los Angeles International Airport